Thanksgiving is a great time for all the family and one where all are involved in the celebrations and festivities.
If your guinea pig is very much part of your family then it is nice to keep them involved somehow in whatever way we can. Even if they don’t really understand what is going on.
It is more for our benefit than anything.
So if you are wondering how to include your guinea pig in thanksgiving, here are some ideas to get you started.
Thanksgiving ideas for your guinea pig
- Give them a guinea pig thanksgiving feast with a few vegetables that they will enjoy. Vegetables such as pumpkin, cranberries, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, sweet potato, green beans, corn, swede, parsnips, and carrots can be given to your piggie sparingly. Don’t give them too much as if they eat a lot, it really isn’t good for them.
- Create a nice Thanksgiving bowl for them out of a small pumpkin shell that they can eat their food out of. Pumpkin skin is fine for them to eat. Scoop out the pumpkin first and the seeds leaving the skin and separate the bottom part of the pumpkin to create a bowl for them.
- Don’t give them meat. Guinea pigs are not meat eaters as it is generally too full of fat and animal juices for them to eat. They will nibble at it but are not keen on meat as a food in general.
- Bring them into your home to be part of the celebration. Guinea pigs will enjoy being part of a social occasion if they are used to people. They will enjoy the warmth of your home and be being around people.
- If you’re going to give them a gift, make it hay-related. They love timothy hay, and the greener the hay you can get them the better. Why not treat them to a hay-related gift or simply purchase the best timothy hay like oxbox hay?
- You could try something cool and creative, like this guy!